Monday, June 25, 2007

Multi-Language Search Strategies

I recently read this blog and found it interesting to be discussed...
what do you have to say about it?

Multi-Language Search Strategies
by Heather Frahm, Friday, June 22, 2007

ACCORDING TO recent U.S. Census Board data (October, 2006), the U.S. minority population has reached more than 300 million. At more then 44.3 million, the Hispanic population is the largest of the minority groups (14.8 percent of the overall U.S. population) and the fastest growing -- at a rate of 3.4% between July 2005 and July 2006. Why is it, then, that U.S. marketers are still not catching onto the fact that they need to start paying attention to reaching foreign language searchers, particularly Spanish-speaking audiences? I find it surprising that in 2007 one of my Spanish-speaking colleagues had gone to Google to look for information in Spanish -- and ended up having to search in English because the search engines did not return relevant information in Spanish.

read more...

3 comments:

MyGrito said...

William -- I invite you to write an article about social networking sites targeting the Latino market -- and of course, check us out and include us.

Gracias.

MyGrito.com
Es tu grito.

William Alvarez said...

Thank you for reading my blog. I will certainly consider writing about Social Media Optimization very soon. Come back soon!

Jannx said...

I was just passing through. I thought you'd like knowing that you had a visitor.